Customer Service Rules of Engagement
Protect your company’s reputation by having additional customer service training for email, telephone and face-to-face conversations. Customer loyalty is hard to come by these days, so protect your brand and help yourself and your staff deal with customers and also difficult conversations. Staff need to be able to detect and diffuse conflict and aggressive behavior, and manage it professionally when it does happen. Learn to be assertive without being aggressive, and how to avoid an argument.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for anyone looking to increase their ability to make customers (or people in general) happy and keep the peace when conflict arises. Ideal for those in management, or those who have a lot of face-time with staff and clients in sales positions, customer service positions, or for those involved in training.
What You Will Learn:
A few of the things you will learn in Customer Service Rules of Engagement the following:
- What is ‘customer service’ and ‘profession communication’?
- Why mis-communication is common
- The 3Ps of effective communication
- Is the customer always right? Discussing different points of view
- Email etiquette tips and tone
- Partner work – email correction and discussion
- Telephone etiquette tips and tone
- Strategies for difficult calls
- Role plays – handling difficult calls
- In-person techniques and attitude
- Anticipating problems
- Sensing the tone
- Calm before the storm – setting up your body language and voice
- Conflict management techniques using simple shapes
- Practical role-playing exercises with instant feedback
- Discussion of theory and application
All workshops include:
- Light PowerPoint
- Constant group interaction
- Group participation
Required Investment In Time:
Customer Service training workshops can be run either as a single 3-hour workshop or as a series of two 3-hour workshops. We recommend having a follow-up quiz or practicum for the participants, to ensure information retention.