The Art of Small Talk Coaching
It takes only a few seconds for someone to make up their mind about what type of person you are. ‘The Art of Small Talk’ offers guidance on coaching and making a winning first impression each time you meet new people. It’s a great way to learn the secrets of first impression management, to learn the art of what to say and what not to say, and to learn how to start a memorable conversation with anyone, anytime.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for anyone looking to increase their ability to meet and greet new people and leave them impressed and with a positive impression of you wanting more. Ideal for those in management, or those who have a lot of face-time with staff and clients in sales positions, customer service positions, or for those involved in training.
What You Will Learn:
A few of the things you will learn in the Art of Small Talk include the following:
- An assessment of your own personal communication skills
- What “communications” is and the “3V effect”
- Small talk skills – the 3Vs (Verbal, Vocal, Visual)
- Why chit-chat is important
- Finding your most appropriate voice (rhythm, speed, volume, intonation, etc.)
- How to make the first move in different social or business scenarios
- How to generate engaging conversation topics quickly and to go with the ‘flow’
- Small talk “helpers” – useful phrases to start a conversation
- How to choose the correct order of topics to discuss without offending others
- How to become an expert “active listener”
- How to ask great open-ended questions to create really interesting conversations
- How to use a “Small Talk Recording Sheet”
- What body language to use during the approach and the engagement of small talk
In addition to the regular coaching program, optional guided exercises can be included such as the following:
- An optional field trip (or more) to mix and meet the public
- A “first impression assessment”
- Using tools and reminders: (how are these key components of the program ‘optional’?
- The “golden rules” of first impression management
- Memorizing the 4 social gifts and using them in daily emails and interactions
- 7 fundamentals of a first impression
- Body Language for a positive first impression
- Ways to increase your “charisma quotient”
- Introduction to NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) for building instant rapport
- Practice role-playing sessions with diagnostic feedback
- Evaluation of personal image
Required Investment in Time:
The Art of Small Talk is a 12-hour program (not including the optional materials) divided into 8 weekly sections of 90 minutes. The program can be customized with you to address different schedules or coaching frequency.